Review: Cover Girl Nature Luxe (Via BzzAgent)

 (This is a re-post from my "Mommy-blog" =-])
I was recently privileged to participate in another BzzAgent campaign. I was sent a new Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation & a Natureluxe Gloss Balm. I'll go over the foundation first.

The first thing I noticed when I opened the tube, was the smell. Not the usual slightly-chemical-covered-in-perfume smell that most foundations have. (One of the reasons why I am a hard-core mineral makeup lover.) It smelled like...roses! I was pleasantly surprised, as I LOVE that smell. It sticks around a bit even after it dries, so if you're not a fan, I wouldn't recommend. (It is VERY light though...)
The texture is very smooth and hydrating. Even after drying the skin still feels supple. A nice touch, and even on my oily spots it wasn't overwhelming at all.
I only wore it indoors while trying it out, because we BzzAgents only had a few shades to pick from and mine wasn't available. (They have a very handy tool on their website to find your perfect shade, and a LOT of shades to choose from though!) So I'm not able to comment on the sunscreen in it- it says it is SPF 10. That is a super low amount of coverage, so I'd recommend using with another sunscreen anyways, as do many doctors.
I was also surprised by the coverage. It was a nice medium coverage. I expected it to be very light as it was gliding on, and it is still not as heavy as I like it with my ruddy complexion. I think, for summer though, it will be lovely! And nice enough even for those who prefer a light coverage. The weight on your face does not match the coverage you can see! (And maybe in the summer the color will match me better! ;-])
All-in-all I am fairly impressed with the Cover Girl Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation, and I am looking forward to trying it out this summer!

I absolutely loved the gloss balm though.  It is a balm...but not really to the point of healing-super-chapped-lips-balm. It is nice and smooth, and not glossy feeling though- but it shines like a gloss.
The color was perfect, not super transparent, and I was able to layer for more color without the product getting gloppy and gloopy or making a huge mess on my lips. I got the one called "Spice" and even though it was warm, not overbearing to my coolish complexion.
It won't improve the texture/health of your lips in one use, but it DOES keep them from drying out/in non-drying, and your lips will look better than they would if you were using another gloss.
I think I'm going to snag me a couple more colors of this gloss, again for the summer. It's soft and easy and boasts an SPF of 15.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP