Review: Detrivore Cosmetics

I love, LOVE mineral makeup, especially mineral pigments (or eye shadows). One of my favorite sites to purchase is Detrivore Cosmetics. They are a small (one lady) independent company- with GREAT customer service. I have ordered from them a few times, & the shipping/processing time is always reasonable. Although I received 6 shadows from them for review*, I was introduced to them on my own & had made several purchases before & since then. I am hoping to get swatches of all the colors I have eventually- but for now I will concentrate on the six new colors I have to review. 


The six colors are 
Plague- a gorgeous dark-green/grey with green reflects:

Dreary- a lovely dark (& UN-MUDDY!) Grey:
Golgotha- a beautiful light grey:
Ominous- a light-to-medium pink with a shimmer
Gourd- a surprisingly pretty medium orange, slight shimmer:
and Condemned, a light, almost mint-green, slight shimmer:




All the colors, like everything I've gotten from them, were well blended & smooth. They blend easily- even with other brands. The pigmentation is good, the following swatches were done dry- on dry, clean skin with no primers:






















Here is a simple look using two of my favorite colors, Brine & Pathos (Pathos was used wet as a liner as well.)
If you are curious, the full-sized jars look like this:
They come shrink-wrapped AND in a plastic bag- they sure aren't gonna leak! Full-sized jars begin at $3.00 each- YES 3 bucks! A few are $5.00, but that is the highest. They also have gorgeous blushes for $5.00.
And the sample sized baggies come in another bag as well.
Samples are $1.00 each. Shipping is FREE.

The only "cons" I have with Detrivore is that the jars have solid lids. BUT- right now I have them stored on the side so I can see the colors. =-)




*Disclaimer: I was given the 6 jars mentioned for review- AFTER I was a customer. I was not compensated otherwise for my review & my review is fair & unbiased, based truly on the products. I am NOT affiliated with the company.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP